Thursday 5 April 2012

Essence Of Smile

Some days back in gloom,
I was in the shade of dismay,
Everything perturbed me, frustrated,
Even my heart seemed to betray.

I continued to be stick-in-the-mud,
Dormant as an inactive volcano,
Suddenly a gust of wind struck me,
And my indolence was under the snow.

That gust was a great whim,
It was when I remembered myself laughing,
That laugh which shows teeth,
White or yellow, either deserving grin or slapping.

Well, laugh has got something unusual in it, isn't it,
For once, at least a moment, you forget sorrow,
That's where you have to hold the string,
And climb it, you have only smiles to borrow(from yourself).

Let me tell you which kind of laugh that was,
The smile in which you laugh so hard,
That you try to make sound, but it bursts completely,
Can shake the walls. Yet unheard, when the breath sparred.

That ultrasound can touch the heart,
It is an expression uncontrollable,
And all faces in the room light up,
Regardless of character, and is laudable.

So good is that, even when you tickle,
There is more closure of eyes than annoyance,
And look, you can't help it,
It goes on even when urine drains in effluence!

A baby's smile, aloof from guile,
A boy's laugh, a man's grin,
Your parent's lovely expression,
Or the one when one is pricked with pin.

Sorry but I cannot define this in words,
That feeling is so rejuvenating,
And when you get that anytime,
Do share with everyone, no harm in making.

Keep Smiling! Regardless of any cause. What's the harm in smiling!




                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment